Sending SMS / MMS Messages

Hello.

How can I send the SMS and MMS messages via API?

Currently, I created clientId & clientSecret which I use to get access token. Now I want to use that account to send SMS & MMS messages via API from a specific phone number.

Let’s say I have a sender with the phone number +14541111111 and a recipient with phone number +14542222222. And I want to send SMS with text Hello and attachment Attachment.jpg to the recipient. What API endpoint or endpoints should I use?

How can I register a new phone number as the sender phone number?

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for you question.

Unfortuantely the SMS capabilities through the Conversations API is not supported through the API program at this point.

If you are looking to send out SMS messages, we recommend that you wait until Workflow Studio becomes a GA product. This is scheduled to be released Q1 of 2025.

This product will allow you to communicate with a third party platform such as Twilio or CM.com to allow you to send out SMS messages.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Kevin,

This product will allow you to communicate with a third party platform such as Twilio or CM.com to allow you to send out SMS messages.

So, you are saying that your new product will use the 3rd-party VOIP provider (like Twilio etc.) to provide texting capabilities, right?

That being said, if I wanted to use those capabilities I would have to register the Twilio (or other VOIP provider) phone number, correct?

Will those SMS capabilities be available through Mitel API (Conversation API)?

Thanks,
Vlad

So, you are saying that your new product will use the 3rd-party VOIP provider (like Twilio etc.) to provide texting capabilities, right?

That is correct.

That being said, if I wanted to use those capabilities I would have to register the Twilio (or other VOIP provider) phone number, correct?

That is correct.

Will those SMS capabilities be available through Mitel API (Conversation API)?

This capability will be available through a new product called Workflow Studio but not through the Mitel Conversation API. Workflow Studio will provide a graphical interface to allow you to define the functionality of the flow that will call into the different providers (ie: Twilio, CM.com) and you will be able to execute these flows using a new Mitel Workflow API.

Hope that helps.
Kevin