Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Where do I start?
No matter what your skill level, background, or intentions are, the best place to start is the Getting Started area of the Developer Portal. There are guides targeted towards those new to APIs, developers, and even marketing/sales/operations staff who just want to know what Mitel’s API program can offer.

Which PBXs are supported by the APIs?
Currently the Media API supports the MiVO 400 only, however additional PBXs will be supported in the future.

Are there any rate limits for the APIs?
While there is currently no rate limiting for the APIs in the Sandbox environment, use of the API is carefully monitored and any abuse may result in removal of the developer from the API Program. Rate limiting will be introduced at a later date when the APIs are made available in Production.

What do I do if I have a question about an API?
Your first step should be to check the API Documentation and Guides & Resources areas of the Developer Portal, with the API Guides being of particular value. If the answer is not there, check the Developer Forums to see if anyone else has asked the same question. If not, please create a new Topic in the appropriate Category and the Mitel team and/or our developer community will respond.

Can I integrate with …?
Compatibility information will be provided here, however information is still being provided. Currently the only PBX platform supported by the APIs is the MiVO400, however various applications such as MiTeam Meetings, MiCollab, and MiContact Center use features of the APIs and can be integrated with your app.

What do I do if I encounter an error that I can’t resolve?
If the error hasn’t already been posted in the Developer Forums, please create a new Topic in the appropriate Category.

Is Workflow included in the API Program?
Workflow is not included in the API Program at this time.

Are there plans to add more APIs?
Mitel continues to evaluate the possibility of introducing additional APIs based on feedback from our Developer community.

How can I provide feedback on the Developer Portal?
Feedback for the Developer Portal can be submitted here: CloudLink APIs – Welcome to the Mitel CloudLink UserVoice site

Is there an SDK available for any of the APIs?
Mitel is working to build and publish one or more SDKs later in the API Program, however there is currently no release date and the SDK language(s) have not been confirmed.

Do you have a Postman library for the APIs?
A Postman library can be found here, with one collection per API.

My app was working, but now I’m getting an unauthorized error. What’s going on?
Try refreshing your authentication token. Tokens expire after a set period of time (indicated when you request the token), at which point you can use the refresh token to easily obtain an updated token without having to provide user credentials.

What’s the client_id for the OpenID Connect authentication workflow?
The client_id serves as an application identifier and is unique to each published application that uses the API. In production, a client_id is generated for you as part of the application approval process. In sandbox, a generic client_id will have been provided to your team by the API Program Manager.

What is the redirect_uri for the OpenID Connect authentication workflow?
The Redirect URI will always be specific to the account where your application is deployed. This allows you to supply a different Redirect URI for each deployment of the application, which facilitates on-premise or other single tenant implementations of your app. You can also have multiple Redirect URIs and then choose which one to use each time you use the OICD workflow with the Mitel Auth portal. Fortunately you can manage these yourself using a PUT operation on the /applications route to update the redirectUris property.

Why does my presence not match what I set in my application?
The Presence API uses two different types of presence, one being an overriding state that can be set called the “principal presence” and the other is calculated by an algorithm that takes into account states across all applications and devices the user is logged into called the “aggregate presence”. For more information, see the Notification API Guide.